Turks & Caicos, Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town: St. Thomas Anglican Church, Daytime RM
Walter Bibikow/© Walter Bibikow
Grand Turk’s oldest church was built in 1823. Set inland on the edge of Town Pond in the capital, the whitewashed building was constructed by the island’s Bermudan settlers. After a refurbishment that welcomed an organ to the loft, the red-roofed church was rededicated in 2011.