Government House, St. Thomas
21-22 Kongens Gade
Photo by Walter Bibikow/age fotostock
Government House, St. ThomasConstructed in 1867 as the meeting place for the Danish Colonial Council, Government House is used today as the office for the governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Several works by Impressionist master Camille Pissarro, a native of St. Thomas, is one highlight of a visit. The building, open to the public on weekdays, is a five-minute walk from the center of historic Charlotte Amalie.