Collected by Robert Kolcon
Münstergasse 17, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
This tiny café with just four plush red velvet booths and a stand-up espresso counter is a natural extension to H. Schwarzenbach, the Altstadt institution known for its specialty coffee beans, teas and spices. The best time to come is on Tuesday...
Marktgasse 10, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
This stunner of a shop in the Altstadt isn’t just all good looks. Changemaker specializes in design goods with a conscience, whether it’s Karlen Swiss tote bags made with wool felt from old Swiss army blankets or wooden watches by WeWood, which...
Falkenstrasse 26, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
This treasure trove of curiosities by Susanne Schmid and Simon Wirth in Kreis 4 sells all sorts of vintage objects and upcycled items, including Indian Mrinmaya statues, a mango- and teakwood art deco locker from a colonial hotel in Sri Lanka, and...
Haldenbachstrasse 2, 8000 Zürich, Switzerland
Ten francs doesn’t get you much in Zurich, but at this no-frills counter, it gets you excellent, several-inch-thick sandwiches stuffed with your choice of charcuterie, cheeses and marinated vegetables in intriguing buns (studded with sun-dried...
Bahnhofstrasse 28A, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Sure, the menu comes in a dozen languages, but Zeughauskeller is no mere tourist trap. Occupying a 15th century building on Paradeplatz, the setting—arched windows, wooden ceiling beams and stone columns—is transportive, while traditional dishes...
- 1 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 2 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country