Collected by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
Grossmünsterplatz, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
The Grössmunster is one of Zurich's famous four historic churches, and easily its most recognizable with its twin towers a distinguishing feature of the city skyline. (They haven't, however, been universally loved. Richard Wagner famously compared...
Grosser Muristalden 6, 3006 Bern, Switzerland
The German word "bärengraben" sounds an awful lot like what would happen to you if one of Bern's heraldic bears got a hold of you but it's really the name for the 1857 "bear pit" that was used to house the animals until 2006. The city's new "Bear...
Kornhauspl. 16, 3011 Bern, Switzerland
Rösti, a pan-fried grated potato dish, is famously associated with Switzerland’s German-speaking population. In fact the “Rösti Divide” is a term jokingly used to refer to cultural differences between Switzerland’s German and French linguistic...
Pilatusstrasse 10, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
"We don't have a collection, we just have nice pictures," art dealer and collector Siegfried Rosengart was found of telling people. Rosengart's "nice pictures" include 60 Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings and 32 oils and 50 drawings...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign