Collected by Jenna Binion
Petrinjska ul. 2, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Croatians aren't big on breakfast in true Mediterranean style usually a cigarette and a strong coffee is enough ha. This fantastic little eatery is a game changer offering a original selection of doughnuts and muffins as well as brunch bites. We...
Ilica 63, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Zagreb is a coffee town, certainly. Cafes abound. But the espresso isn't always quite up to the standards of third-wave coffee snobs who require 3 to 5 perfectly pulled ristrettos per day while on holiday (ahem). The clean lines and white motif of...
Tomićeva ul. 2, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Cap a night in Zagreb with a serving of Zagrebačka kremšnita, a coma-inducing layered dessert of custard, cream and a firm chocolate top. Husband-and-wife duo Stjepan and Ankica Vincek offer the tastiest slice of Zagreb's namesake cream cake, as...
Gundulićeva ul. 18, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Gostionica Tip Top is an old bohemian hangout—Croatian poet Tin Ujevic used to hang out here. They serve inexpensive but delicious Dalmatian cuisine in downtown Zagreb, and are known for their set menus—in particular, octopus stew on Thursdays and...
Ćirilometodska ul. 3, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Naive art—the work of untrained artists, also known as outsider art or primitive art—has a long and respected tradition in Croatia. The Croatian Museum of Naive Art is where these untrained yet perceptive artists are celebrated. The names will be...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos