Collected by Diana Powell
Tomićeva ul. 2, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Cap a night in Zagreb with a serving of Zagrebačka kremšnita, a coma-inducing layered dessert of custard, cream and a firm chocolate top. Husband-and-wife duo Stjepan and Ankica Vincek offer the tastiest slice of Zagreb's namesake cream cake, as...
Trg bana Josipa Jelačića, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
An elegant square lined with grand, 19th-century buildings, Ban Jelačić is a great spot to feel the city’s pulse. It often plays host to fairs and performances, as well as locals chatting under the sculpture of Ban Josip Jelačić or the...
10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Black mustaches mark the entrance to Rakijarnica, a seasonal pop-up bar known for its after-hours vibe, live music and long list of rakijas, Croatia's take on grappa. The bar offers more than 25 varieties, including honey, walnut, plum and pepper....
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun