Collected by Yvonne Gordon, AFAR Local Expert
Yvonne Gordon′s Wishlist
Claggan, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Achill Island, the largest island off of the coast of Ireland, is home to some seriously spectacular scenery. As the signs on this island of 2,700 people indicate, if you fall off a cliff, make sure you're holding a pair of humongous shoes.
Achill Island, Co. Mayo, Ireland
St. Dymphna, a seventh-century peasant who was eventually canonized, is said to have founded the church that this atmospheric cemetery is centered around. Dymphna is the patron saint of mental and nervous disorders and if you're uptight or have...
Cashel Achill Island, Cashel, Co. Mayo, Ireland
"Want to go to the coziest pub in Ireland?" the waiter of the hotel restaurant I was eating at said when I asked where there was a good place to get a drink on Achill Island, located in County Mayo on the west coast of Ireland. He'd said three of...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys