Collected by Cheryl
Driving into Yosemite National Park, you make your way through a narrow tunnel. When you emerge, this is the view that greets you. It was winter time, and a blizzard had just blown through. While driving into the park, I had slipped on the ice,...
Yosemite National Park, 1 Ahwahnee Drive, Yosemite Valley, CA 95389, USA
Although a very popular hike in the Yosemite Valley, the hike past Vernal Falls up the mist trail to Nevada Falls is magical in the Springtime. Personally, I think this is the best spot to stop and have lunch. However, Be sure to check the signs...
Happy Isles, Yosemite Valley, CA 95389, USA
Climbing Half Dome in Yosemite is something everyone should do at least once. It's a major commitment and takes several hours over almost a mile climb, but the views of the valley are unparalleled. One of the most intimidating parts is the last...
Glacier Point Rd, Yosemite Valley, CA 95389, USA
Glacier Point in Yosemite National Park is a popular spot for photographers who want to capture shots of the park's most famous granite monolith, Half Dome. From this vantage point, it's easy to visualize how a glacier carved out the valley below...
Yosemite Valley, California, USA
One can do a lot of different things in the valley, from biking to swimming or rafting etc. I for one like to just walk and absorb the beauty of the place. It charges your battery. Like this view of Half Dome reflected in the Merced river.
Mono Lake, California 93541, USA
Driving south from Reno, Nev., my then-fiancée and I were slightly anxious. We were on our way to the wedding of one of Kate’s best friends to a Patagonia-sponsored rock climber who had completed first ascents and other impressive feats throughout...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico