Collected by Lauren Shook
Jl. Laksda Adisucipto No.81, Ambarukmo, Caturtunggal, Kec. Depok, Kabupaten Sleman, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta 55281, Indonesia
The Royal Ambarrukmo, endorsed by Yogyakarta's reigning Sultan (a governor, in terms of power now) is fit for royalty indeed. As the only 4 star hotel in this laid back Javanese city, it's also one of the best options for a tourist who wants to...
Candi Mendut, Mendut, Mungkid, Magelang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
While visiting the Candi Mendut temple outside of Yogyakarta, Indonesia, I was distracted by this lotus. It was in a coy pond in a Buddhist monastery. I've seen many lotus in my travels, but this was by far the most beautiful I have ever...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna