Collected by Lauren Shook
Jl. Laksda Adisucipto No.81, Ambarukmo, Caturtunggal, Kec. Depok, Kabupaten Sleman, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta 55281, Indonesia
The Royal Ambarrukmo, endorsed by Yogyakarta's reigning Sultan (a governor, in terms of power now) is fit for royalty indeed. As the only 4 star hotel in this laid back Javanese city, it's also one of the best options for a tourist who wants to...
Candi Mendut, Mendut, Mungkid, Magelang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
While visiting the Candi Mendut temple outside of Yogyakarta, Indonesia, I was distracted by this lotus. It was in a coy pond in a Buddhist monastery. I've seen many lotus in my travels, but this was by far the most beautiful I have ever...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter