Collected by Greg Wong
Strand Rd, Yangon MMR013017, Myanmar (Burma)
If you're looking for an authentic shopping experience, you can do worse than the Night Market at the Botataung Paya. The Paya, located near the river in Southern Rangoon, is one of the city's grandest sights lit up at night. On the Paya grounds...
Pabedan, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Wonderful restaurant serving great food and helping the youth of Yangon get off the street and to work (it's a restaurant! it's a shelter! it's amazing!) Look for the sign (pictured) and then up the stairs. Amazingly good food, great prices and...
Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
My favorite relaxing beach for the last decade. I love talking to these vendors as they have so much tragic background. I bought a few hats from her so that she can pay for a day of baby sitting of her daughter to make ends meet. Then I tucked a...
85-87 Thein Phyu Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
This delightful restaurant serves up a variety of Southeast-Asian cuisines, from Myanmar, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. The decor is friendly and ambient. There is a fair trade shop above the restaurant called 'Helping Hands' which showcases...
No. 169, Wa Dan Street, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Shan Yoe Yar recently emerged as one of Yangon’s premier options for local cuisine. The restaurant is located in a newly remodeled teak colonial building in the central downtown neighborhood of Lanmadaw. It's pleasant environment incorporates a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles