Collected by Marianna Torres
Via della Vite, 102, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Anglo American Book Co. is my best source for English-language books in Rome. They have an amazing inventory of beautiful books on the city. 39/06-679-5222. By Pepi Marchetti Franchi, as told to Elizabeth Minchilli. This appeared in the...
Via Guido Reni, 4/a, 00196 Roma RM, Italy
Maxxi, Rome’s first major contemporary art museum, cost 150 million and took renowned architect Zaha Hadid 10 years to complete. The result—a vast, bold space with exhibits on architecture and art—proves that modern Rome can produce masterpieces,...
Via del Boschetto, 73, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
This Golden Donkey is a golden find. Under twenty Euros will buy a full meal—antipasti, primi, secondi, contorni, as well as wine and water. The menu changes daily, reflecting what is in season. I went in early spring, when I enjoyed the pictured...
Via Caio Cestio, 6, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
One of our family favorite activities on a Sunday afternoon in Rome is a wander in the Non-Catholic Cemetery in Testaccio. We particularly love it in winter. I know, it is more picturesque and colorful in the spring and early summer, but even on...
Via Cesare Battisti, 135, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
We enjoyed a lovely lunch and shared this tiramisu for dessert. The waiters hardly spoke English, and one of the lights inside flickered. But we sat on the edge near the flung open window-doors and enjoyed the feel of the breeze and sunshine as we...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos