Xàbia (Javea) + Alicante
Collected by Darlien Van Petegem
03002 Alicante, Spain
Santa Bárbara Castle is perched above the city atop the rocky outcropping of Mount Benacantil. To get to the unbeatable views, either walk or drive up the winding road or take an elevator from Postiguet Beach. The castle is free to visit—the...
Parque de La Ereta, s/n, 03001 Alicante, Spain
Majestic views, fine wines and some of the best service in the country are yours to savor at La Ereta. There are only two options to choose from: the tasting menu or the full menu. Whichever you opt for, dishes will likely feature excellent...
Calle Villegas, 3, 03001 Alicante, Spain
It can be hard to get a seat in the upstairs dining room of this popular local spot. A better—and less formal—bet is the tapas bar downstairs, where you can people-watch while feasting on small plates paired with glasses of Spanish wines. Alicante...
Avenida de Dénia, S/N, 03016 Alacant, Alicante, Spain
While it might not look like much from the outside, the Plaza Mar 2 is filled with stores from Spanish labels like Zara and Piel de Toro. Its proximity to the city center makes this a convenient destination to find those souvenirs of Spain you've...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States