Collected by Amy Sakaowan
The best way to access the most scenic hike in Grand Teton National Park is with a boat ride—which is plenty panoramic, too. Book a shuttle ($15 round trip) with Jenny Lake Boating, operating out of South Jenny Lake near the park Visitor Center,...
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
Grizzly bears, wolves, pronghorn, elk, and bison all cluster in the Lamar Valley, making this one of the world’s great wildlife-watching regions. Dawn is the best time to spot wolves, which are nocturnal and generally feed in the mornings, so...
Phelps Lake, Wyoming 83014, USA
Jackson Hole in the summer is one of the most beautiful places in the US and Phelps Lake in Grand Teton National Park is an example why. Hike about an hour down to the locals favorite "Jumping Rock" where you can jump 20 feet into this pristine...
Mormon Row, Wyoming, USA
One of the most exciting facets of life on the road is finding new ways to look at frequently photographed locations. Mormon Row is iconic Americana, right up there with the Statue of Liberty, the Grand Canyon, and the Welcome to Las Vegas sign,...
While canoeing on Jackson Lake we decided to investigate this tiny island, which apparently is an aerie. The place was covered in bones, huge feathers, and the biggest avian excreta I have ever seen. It was exciting, but we did not hang around...
Amphitheater Lake, Wyoming 83414, USA
On a brief visit with my brother in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, we hiked up to Amphitheater Lake in the Teton range. It was gorgeous! It was kind of a strenuous hike (especially if you're coming from sea level like I did), but well worth the climb. The...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now