World Food Tour in Playa del Carmen
Collected by Bobby Heard , AFAR Local Expert
Av. 105 Nte Local 3, entre Constituyentes y 30 Bis, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Very far off the beaten tourist path of 5th avenue lies this gem. Chicken just doesn't get any better. Run by a Jamaican expat with a dream of opening a Jerk Chicken stand, Ferron's is quickly becoming an institution amongst Playa locals.
Local 7, Calle 10 Nte SN, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
This is a great little joint tucked away off a side street in Playa del Carmen. Owned by a Venezuelan family, they make great food with several vegetarian options. The sandwiches made with plantain bread are outstanding.
Quinta Avenida Esq. Calle 30 Loc. 8 y 9, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Playa's premier Argentinian restaurant. With over 10,000 Argentinians permanently living here, 10 delivers the real deal if you're looking for a delicious, authentic Argentinian steak.
Calle 34 Norte & Calle Quinta Avenida, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Run by a French expat, this place is the real deal. Just take a look at the imported French ovens in the kitchen. Head here for baguettes, bread, pastries or their absolutely incredible almond croissant. Be prepared to wait in line as this place...
Av. 10 Norte entre calle 14 y 14 bis, Solidaridad, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
You know you've got a good chance for authentic thai when the head chef is Thai. And that is the case at Po Thai, where the food is incredibly authentic, full of flavour and spicy.
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall