Collected by Megan Eileen McDonough, AFAR Local Expert
Some of nature's most picturesque waterfalls around the world.
5300 Boulevard Sainte-Anne, Québec, QC G1C 1S1, Canada
Located a few minutes' drive from Québec City is Parc de la Chute-Montmorency. Depending on how much time and energy you have, there are several ways to explore the park. If you are in the mood for an adventure, I suggest climbing up the steps for...
53000 East Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019, USA
Multnomah Falls is a gorgeous sight located about 45 minutes by car outside of Portland, Oregon, on the Columbia River Gorge. Several hikes of differing degrees of difficulty offer vantage points to view the falls. The sound of the rushing water...
Vocabolo Cascata, 05100 Marmore TR, Italy
When near Terni, stop by this man made waterfall created by the ancient Romans. The controlled water flow is used to power the surrounding area so best to arrive in the early morning when the falls are at their most powerful.
10965 Berlin, Germany
Viktoriapark in Kreuzberg is a great gem of a park hidden in Berlin. The park is located on a small hill and is easy to get to with public transporation. There's a beer garden at the top of the hill with great views of the city. The western side...
Foz do Iguaçu - State of Paraná, Brazil
Experience the largest waterfalls in the world by doing the catwalks that hang over the falls on both the Brazil side and Argentina side. You are guaranteed to get soaked! For more action, take the 15 minute boat ride that takes you under two...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December