Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
405 Spray Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1J4, Canada
Set in the UNESCO World Hertiage-listed Banff National Park, the year-round Fairmont Banff Springs was the brainchild of Sir William Cornelius Van Horne, president of the Canadian Pacific Railway. On arrival at Banff, the tourism visionary made...
Tunnel Mountain Rd, Banff, AB T0L, Canada
Camping at Tunnel Mountain Village was my first experience as an adult staying in a Parks Canada campground, and I have to say: Canada, I'm impressed. Even though it's a large campground with 618 sites, it was still a very positive camping...
Improvement District No. 9, AB T0L, Canada
You know how everything tastes better after a good, long hike? With Lake Louise behind us, my husband and I continued our chilly trek in the Canadian Rockies. After 5 miles and a 1,204 foot elevation gain, our faces were numb with cold and our...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter