Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
405 Spray Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1J4, Canada
Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel was the brainchild of Sir William Cornelius Van Horne, president of the Canadian Pacific Railway. On arrival at Banff, the tourism visionary made the canny observation, "Since we can’t export the scenery, we'll...
Tunnel Mountain Rd, Banff, AB T0L, Canada
Camping at Tunnel Mountain Village was my first experience as an adult staying in a Parks Canada campground, and I have to say: Canada, I'm impressed. Even though it's a large campground with 618 sites, it was still a very positive camping...
Improvement District No. 9, AB T0L, Canada
You know how everything tastes better after a good, long hike? With Lake Louise behind us, my husband and I continued our chilly trek in the Canadian Rockies. After 5 miles and a 1,204 foot elevation gain, our faces were numb with cold and our...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local