Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
88 Route de La Goulette, Site archéologique de Carthage, Tunisia
January is a lovely time to visit the Roman ruins at Carthage. Fewer people. Cooler temperatures. And, if you are lucky, beautiful blue skies over the adjacent sea. While the ruins themselves are quite small (especially in comparison to Pompeii or...
Sidi Bou Said, Carthage, Tunisia
If you make it up to Sidi Bou Said (a small blue-and-white 'village' near Carthage), make sure you stop at the bambolini seller to snag a piping hot sugar-coated doughnut. While the 'village' is somewhat of a tourist trap (i mean, i lost count of...
6 Rue Ben Mahmoud Boulevard Bab Menara, Tunis 1008, Tunisia
While this lovely restaurant tucked behind hidden walls in the maze-like ancient Medina of Tunis clearly caters to the tourist circuit (please do not expect gourmet fare here), there is one morsel that you absolutely cannot pass up --- the bread!...
40 rue du Ghana، Tunis 1001, Tunisia
Pottery, potters and ceramic in Tunisia, is a tale of art to be told to eveyone who is looking for a genuine art story.I have paid a visit recently to the oldest ceramic workshop still opened in the world, it is in Tunis, Sidi Kacem Jillizi a tiny...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign