Collected by Christian Verigin
Christian Verigin′s Wishlist
One translation of the Quichua word guango into English is a mouthful: "a place of great mountains that crisscross, whose waters concur to form mighty rivers in deep valleys covered by the cloud forest of the Andean slopes, under an ever-changing...
Rio Jatunyacu, Ecuador
Jatun Yacu (or Jatunyacu) means "big river" in the Quechua language. This wide, flat river is a main tributary of the Amazon, which has its origin in a glacier and springs fed by the active Cotopaxi Volcano. White water rafting for beginners and...
The village of Cajabamba, in a valley famous for the conflicts between the Inca and the Spanish conquistadors that took place here, is now a peaceful market town between coastal plantations and the cloud forest. The town is also known as a trekker...
A 4k Ingreso Norte Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Machachi 171110, Ecuador
Managed along with two other Cotopaxi area haciendas by the Tierra del Volcán group, the Hacienda El Porvenir is a working traditional farm of thatched roofs and daubed red stone walls built in the unique Andean water-rich eco-system called the...
Volcán Cotopaxi, Latacunga, Cotopaxi, Ecuador
One of the world's highest active volcanoes (with an altitude of 4000 meters, or over 13,000 feet), Cotopaxi is also one of Ecuador's most photographed landmarks. Its snowcapped peak is beautiful but deadly: as an active volcano where mud and rock...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico