Collected by Jay Gillis
Jay Gillis′s Wishlist
Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
The Great Market Hall in Budapest should be any visitors first stop in order to get acquainted to the people, goods and grub of Hungary. The market is one of those strange places that caters to both locals and tourists alike without losing its...
Budapest, 1051 Hungary
There's no better way to connect with a culture than through food. It's a universal language, tangible and immediate. Street/market food is particularly insightful. I recently spent time in eastern Europe and was pleasantly surprised by the...
Budapest, Balassi Bálint u. 15-17, 1055 Hungary
Kino was the very first stop on my first day in Budapest. A lovely little coffee shop near my apartment not far from the Margaret Bridge (or Margit hid) connecting Buda and Pest. They were patient with my first attempts at ordering with guidebook...
Budapest, Állatkerti krt. 6-12, 1146 Hungary
Walking for hours to explore a city is tiring. Luckily for us we quickly discovered the beauty, and tastiness, of Hungarian Lemonade – in which lemon isn't the least of flavors! Usually a mix of fresh orange, lime, mint, strawberries and lemons,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys