Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
508 Maynard Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
At the Seattle Pinball Museum, everything may be behind glass, but nothing is hands-off! The owners have a rotating collection of pinball machines, usually about 30 at a time, ranging from old-timey wooden boxes to modern games with tons of bells...
Khumjung 56000, Nepal
Going to Mount Everest is an experience that will leave you in awe of how big everything is in the Himalaya. Sleeping at 16,000+ feet is without a doubt a highlight not to be missed when in Tibet. Make sure you are reasonably fit and spend many...
Seeing the Victoria Falls is truly amazing. I've been lucky enough to view the falls from both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides, and I have to say that I am partial to the Zim side. Better value for money, unique lodges and camps and better views...
Praça Iaiá García, 160 - Ribeira, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 21930-040, Brazil
Based on volume of water, Guanabara Bay is the largest bay in the world. The shape of the bay and surrounding granite monolith mountains (including iconic Sugarloaf Mountain) was formed by erosion of the Atlantic Ocean, and it is that fantastic...
La Escondida, Mich., Mexico
How often do we get to see the formation of a volcano? To be fair, these days the volcano is dormant, but it was formed less than 100 years ago. It sprang to life in 1943 in a farmer's backyard in Mexico and erupted for 9 years, finally leaving a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter