Collected by Allison Foote
Allison Foote′s Wishlist
Greendyke Street, Saltmarket, Glasgow G1 5DB, UK
Glasgow, some might be surprised to know, has more than its fair share of parks, but Glasgow Green, gifted to the city by King James II in the 15th century, is by far the oldest. Once upon a time, this is where the locals would graze their...
Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG, UK
A spectacular late-Victorian heap of ornate red sandstone, the Kelvingrove (within a lovely park of the same name) is the signature gallery and museum of the city of Glasgow. It has a full house of historic exhibitions as well as a wide range of...
730 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G12 0UE, UK
The Gaelic translation of Glasgow, Glaschu, literally means “dear green place”—an appropriate name for a city which boasts over 90 parks and gardens within its city boundaries. A fantastic example of this is the sprawling Botanic...
121 Bath Ln, Glasgow G2 2SZ, UK
"Glasgow has a huge Italian community. People say you get the best ice cream in the world in this city because you’ve got the skills from Italy and the dairy from Scotland. Sarti, a family-run restaurant, is one of my favorite places to get a...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna