Collected by Audrey Rousseau Dufresne
Audrey Rousseau Dufresne′s Wishlist
Rennweg 3, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Star architect Zaha Hadid’s first work in Innsbruck was the soaring Bergisel ski jump which opened in 2005. Two years later, the four stations she designed for the Nordkettenbahn hybrid funicular line took architecture to new heights, literally...
Herzog-Friedrich-Straße, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
With majestic views of the Alps and a medieval old town, Innsbruck is not short on charm. Get lost among the colorful Baroque buildings of Herzog-Friedrich-Strasse, see the famous Golden Roof, view Lucas Cranach the Elder's "Madonna and Child" at...
Several lift and gondola options are found in and around Innsbruck to take travelers higher into the Alps. From the Congress Station (designed by Zaha Hadid) in the old town near the river, the Nordkettenbahnen brings visitors to the top of the...
Schloßstraße 20, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Ambras Castle was built by Archduke Ferdinand II (1529–1595), the second son of Emperor Ferdinand I, for his commoner wife, Philippine Welser, who was not allowed to live in the official residence in the town. A few notable items make Ambras worth...
Dompl. 6, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
With every city in Europe having a massive cathedral, it's easy to feel that once you've seen one, you've seen them all. Sitting in front of the rather plain facade of the Domkirche in Innsbruck, I was happy to soak up the sun outside rather than...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now