Collected by AFAR Traveler
Max Gruber′s Wishlist
The setting could hardly be more charming: a walled colonial city where houses are the pleasing pastel colors of Easter eggs and balconies are a riot of hot pink and orange bougainvillea. One of the most pleasant ways to see the sights here is to...
Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
While Medellín’s flair for nightlife and sumptuous weather receive most of the acclaim, its museums are somewhat of a pleasant surprise for visitors. Located downtown, next to Parque Berrío metro station, Museo de Antioquia exhibits work from the...
Guatapé, Antioquia, Colombia
We climbed more than seven hundred steps to get to this view from the top of the unique rock El Peñol, one-hour drive from Medellín, Colombia. From the top you are able to see the lake, the dam, and the beautiful picturesque town of Guarape. The...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now