Collected by Karen Nakamaki
Karen Nakamaki′s Wishlist
Kaya IR. Randolph Statius van Eps, Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands
Visitors can drive through the sanctuary in their vehicle (very slowly to avoid accidents) and be greeted by hundreds of donkeys. They come to the cars, sniff your belonging, give you kisses, and rub against your door. The donkeys here are not...
4004 E 800 N, Battle Ground, IN 47920, USA
There are not many places where one can be a few feet away from a pack of hungry wolves and not feel like 'dinner', but Wolf Park, in Battleground, IN happens to be one of them. The center is home to research on wolf behavior -- its employees and...
2999 Co Rd 53, Keenesburg, CO 80643, USA
The elevated walkway ascends from the Wild Animal Sanctuary gift shop and orientation point. We step up the inclined path, passing above lazing leopards, tigers and mountain lions below, then continue past a green arrow pointing to the Bolivian...
5510 NE Breyman Orchards Rd, Dayton, OR 97114, USA
Red Ridge Farms has been growing grapes in the Dundee Hills for 40 years. In 2005, it added olives to its repertoire, becoming the only commercial producer of olive oil in Oregon. Call ahead to visit the mill and sample such varieties as Arbequina...
6475 NE Hilltop Ln, Dayton, OR 97114, USA
Having spent the sun-soaked afternoon spoiling my tongue with pinot noirs, we stumbled upon the "tree-house" at Vista Hills Vineyard. We'd visited most of the more well-known vineyards on the deservedly touted Dundee Hills, and we had not known of...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys