Collected by Jason van Scoten
Jason van Scoten′s Wishlist
639 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2G3, Canada
No visit to coastal British Columbia is complete without some immersion into Northwest Coast Canadian Indian art. If you don’t have a chance to get to the UBC Museum of Anthropology or to the Royal BC Museum in Victoria (or even if you do), do not...
801 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1P7, Canada
On the Howe St side of the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, look for the red velvet rope and head downstairs to this gloriously grown-up cocktail bar with live music and some of the most creative cocktails in town. Take, for instance, the Inception...
315 Carrall St, Vancouver, BC V6A 0A7, Canada
The owners at this breakfast and lunch spot make almost everything from scratch and by hand, from grinding chickpeas for their hummus to making almond milk for the granola. They even offer vegan butter. (604) 681-5776. As told to Rhonda May. This...
994 Nicola St, Vancouver, BC V6G 2C8, Canada
The West End is the largest neighbourhood in Vancouver's downtown core, and has a broad demographic. Greenhorn Espresso Bar opened up smack in the middle of the West End, in between heritage apartment buildings, corner grocery stores, and a few...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights