Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
470 49th St, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
This store is the casual gardener’s destination for artfully arranged succulents, air plants, and other horticultural rarities. You’ll also discover vintage curiosities you never realized you wanted until now. (510) 992-3359 for more information....
Alley 49, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Locals argue passionately about the area’s best coffee. The CRO Cafe pours Sightglass, which pairs well with a freshly made, hand-filled-to-order doughnut from Doughnut Dolly around the corner. This appeared in the March/April 2014 issue.
484 49th St D, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Browse hammered bronze and brass pieces and leather jewelry in this studio and storefront that suggests Native American and Mexican art influences with a modern, beachy-by-way-of-rock-and-roll aesthetic. For bohos or their loved ones looking for...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind