Collected by Crystal Romeo
Crystal Romeo′s Wishlist
13 Allée des Feuillantines, Fort-de-France, Martinique
At an otherwise unremarkable roadside stretch in Lamentin, two Martinican brothers are creating world-class confections. Come see what the fuss is about at Chocolaterie Frères Lauzéa, where the titular brothers combine French and Belgian technique...
Fort-de-France Bay, Martinique
Few things give you the kick needed to continue exploring the tropical city of Fort-de-France like a fresh cup of sugarcane juice! Luckily, it's easy to stumble across presses squeezing out this potent fluid throughout the city's back roads....
Pointe Thalémont, Le François, Martinique 97240
Plein Soleil has only 16 guestrooms and suites spread among five colourful villas. Each villa is designed in the style of traditional Martinican creole cases, or petite houses adorned with wooden fretwork. Just beautiful... But they have tough...
Rue de la Distillerie, La Trinité, Martinique
The rums from this historic distillery get their unique flavors from the island’s tropical humidity and the volcanic soils of the sugarcane fields sloping down from Mount Pelée. Open Mon.–Sat. Fonds Préville, Macouba, 596/(0) 596-78-92-55.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys