Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EN, UK
Heading off the Royal Mile to find Greyfriar's Bobby, we passed this cafe that, by its name, I assumed was an Indian restaurant. But a closer look at the bottom of the main window stated that this was where the hero of Hogwarts was created. The...
Dornie, Kyle of Lochalsh IV40 8DX, UK
Eilean Donan Castle, located on a tiny island on Loch Duich, is one of Scotland's most famous castles, and a fun stop for both history buffs and scenic-seekers. I was surprised that even though it is one of the most visited attractions in the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights