Collected by Meg Berlin
Meg Berlin′s Wishlist
Rua D. Joao de Ornelas, 2510-074 Óbidos, Portugal
The Mariquinhas was one of the first houses in Portugal to promote the cherry liqueur of Óbidos. This family enterprise, with more than 50 years of history, still follows accurately the recipe of its mentor and creator. Start off with a visit to...
Praça da Figueira 18B, 1100-241 Lisboa, Portugal
You will feast with your eyes as soon you enter here. Founded in 1829, this confectionery store is considered one of the best in Lisbon, having won international prizes and serving, in the old days, as the official confectioner of the royal...
Praça Dom Pedro IV 96 a 104, 1100-202 Lisboa, Portugal
This pastry shop brings me back to my childhood. When my father and brother would go to see Benfica (one of the most important football teams in Portugal), my mother and I would come here to have an ice cream or a cake. Who can resist sitting in...
Pont de Normandie, 14600 Honfleur, France
Make sure that your Normandy itinerary includes crossing the Pont de Normandie cable bridge. Completed in 1995 this bridge spans the river Seine linking Le Havre to Honfleur in Normandy. Not only is it fun to drive over, but there’s also a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna