Collected by Anne Johnstone
Anne Johnstone′s Wishlist
Jl. Surapati, Tua, Marga, Kabupaten Tabanan, Bali 80116, Indonesia
Terracotta and thatched-roof residences with spring water infinity pools jut from the hillsides and line the Ayung River at this 22-acre retreat outside Ubud. Everything, from the dining experiences to the custom health programs, is designed to...
Tenganan, Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia
The Bali Aga people are similar to the Amish in America. Most of their communities do not encourage visitors and are religiously and ceremonially unique, but in Tenganan they actively promote tourism and encourage the purchasing of their artwork....
Sanur, South Denpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia
Jl. Tirta, Manukaya, Tampaksiring, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80552, Indonesia
This Hindu Balinese place of worship was built in the 10th century on the site of holy natural springs, about a 30-minute drive outside of Ubud. Most hotels can arrange for a water blessing, where visitors are fully immersed in the springs. This...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands