Collected by Kathleen Kaplan
Kathleen Kaplan′s Wishlist
1800 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264, USA
The bold color palette of this reimagined motel reflects the hues of 14 different desert wildflowers. Nearly every room has a balcony or patio and art installations and photography from local artists can be found throughout the hotel. The young...
101 W 57th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
The service at the Quin is friendly and unobtrusive, and all of the electronics in the room—the window shades, the lights, the air conditioning—are controlled by a tablet that sits by the bed. The location near Central Park is pretty...
112 Academy Dr, Austin, TX 78704, USA
A compound-like hideaway on a leafy street a block from trendy South Congress, Hotel Saint Cecilia is a retro-glam love letter to the 1960s and '70s rock music scene, named for the patron saint of music and poetry. But that doesn’t mean that...
North Goa, Goa, India
The family estate of one of India’s leading fashion photographers has become an under-the-radar beach escape for many of Mumbai’s Bollywood stars. The hotel’s location is kept a secret until your booking is made. The owner or a staff member meets...
Gröna gången 1, 111 49 Stockholm, Sweden
The 315-year-old Skeppsholmen, located on the secluded little island of the same name, is the former stomping ground of Swedish royals. They retreated here when they wanted some peace and quiet away from the bustle of Stockholm’s Old Town, which...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village