Collected by Megan Bogany
Megan Bogany′s Wishlist
1332 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The Garden District was developed in the middle 19th century, and is where the mercantile elite built their in-town estates. Unlike the narrow parcels of the French Quarter or surrounding neighborhoods, house lots here were divided up with just...
401 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The very first restaurant that was recommended to me by the bellhop at my hotel was Mother's Restaurant. Mother's is one of the oldest and most successful restaurants in the NOLA. The line to get inside stretches down the sidewalk to the back of...
8100 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Celebrate any holiday, birthday, or occasion with an on-the-go daiquiri. This place has got every flavor under the sun. So whether you like the fruity stuff, the chocolatey mess, the liquor-rich taste or the creamy flavas, Fat Tuesday's got it.
701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
At the southern corner of Armstrong Park, Congo Square was first designated as a gathering place for slaves in 1817. Since the eighteenth century slaves had been given Sundays off, and the Square, which sat just outside the French Quarter across...
City Park, New Orleans, LA, USA
When it comes to festivals, Mardi Gras get all the glory—and there's a reason for that: The weeklong celebration is non-stop action, with plenty of parades and parties, beads and booze. Still, lesser known fests like the Voodoo Music + Art...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now