Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
4726 Santa Monica Ave, San Diego, CA 92107, USA
Being a runner, it grounds me when I have the chance to run on a beach in a new city. Not only do you get a nice workout in, it's a great and efficient way to get the vibe of the locals. Try and write the word "Run" in as many languages and as...
9881 CA-89, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
One of the best hikes in all of Lake Tahoe is along the lake's west shoreline, the glorious but little-traveled Rubicon Trail. A great way to spend a day is to park at the Vikingsholm parking area off Highway 89 overlooking the crystal-blue waters...
3840 US-89, Livingston, MT 59047, USA
An hour outside of Bozeman and just 30 miles from Yellowstone National Park is the Yellowstone Valley Lodge. Owned by the O'Reilly family (the auto parts giant), this place used to be a rundown fly-fishing camp. They put a touch of TLC into the...
79 Carriage House Ln, Philipsburg, MT 59858, USA
Owner Jim Manley thought of everything for his new Ranch at Rock Creek, a 6,600-acre all-inclusive retreat 100 miles from Missoula. Rooms are outfitted with Western antiques, books, and photography. Bison short ribs are served in the homey dining...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign