Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Avalon, CA 90704, USA
If you can get yourself out there, the backside of Catalina is most beautiful during the late fall and early spring. The lighting is just right, the weather is perfect and it is beauuutiful. Whales Tail splits Little Harbor and Shark Harbor and...
939 2nd St, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
In North County San Diego, in the suburb of Encinitas, you will find a grand complex of white temples with golden lotuses perched upon the tops. It is the Self-Realization Fellowship Temple. I highly recommend a stop to see the gardens - ponds...
Black Sand Beach, California, USA
We began our walk up the Lost Coast Trail by enjoying Black Sands Beach, which doesn't really have very much sand, in the Kings Range National Conservation Area. For the next 24 miles from Black Sands Beach, the Lost Coast Trail is primarily on...
Sunset Cliffs, San Diego, CA 92107, USA
To me, an oasis is anywhere or anything that allows you to process your thoughts, ignore your thoughts, or toss them to the wind. As a college student in San Diego, the place I would most often retreat was Sunset Cliffs. Sitting along the coast...
Petaluma Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA
The Sea Ranch, a community located three hours north of San Francisco on the coast, comes close to Utopia for me. Founded by a group of UC Berkeley architects in the 1960s, Sea Ranch was conceived as a rustic escape from the city. The houses are...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys