Collected by Akiko Whitaker
Akiko Whitaker′s Wishlist
Prinsengracht, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beyond tulips, windmills, and weed, Amsterdam's global image is entwined with water. The Canal Ring (Grachtengordel) is made up of 165 fluid channels developed during the 17th-century Dutch Golden Age. In the ensuing years, the water network has...
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
To be standing in the Angkor Wat complex was a dream of mine. I couldn't believe how old it really was and that it was still there! It was amazing to be able to walk inside and see all the reliefs but, what really made this a special experience...
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Jaipur is capital and the largest city of the largest state Rajasthan in India. The city is stood at the foot of the sprawling 300 year old hilltop Amber fort just on the outskirt of the city. Jaipur is also called the pink city due to its pink...
Bahnhofstrasse 25, 7002 Chur, Switzerland
I didn’t even realize that the Bernina Express scenic train journey was on the UNESCO World Heritage list until I arrived at the small northern Italian town of Tirano to start the trip. There are several different routes from which travelers may...
Lasseter Hwy, Uluru NT 0872, Australia
What could be better than sunrise in the Australian Outback? Or that same sunrise from the back of a camel—perfect cool and cloudless morning combined with the gentle swaying of a camel. As the sun rose in the east, the colors of Kata Tjuta became...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign