Collected by Teresa Blackburn
Teresa Blackburn′s Wishlist
6330 Piran, Slovenia
Need a break from the snow and mountains? The bright Istrian town of Piran, on the Adriatic Sea, can feel downright Mediterranean if you time your surprisingly short trip right. Just an hour and a half from Slovenia. Tool around Istria while...
Cankarjeva cesta 6, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
It's impossible to leave Slovenian, especially the Lake Bled region, without trying a slice of cream cake. Nearly every restaurant and cafe will have the iconic dessert on its menu, but Sava Hotel on Lake Bled claims to be the creator of cream...
Via Armando Diaz, 11, 34123 Trieste TS, Italy
It was a blustery February morning when I arrived at Pasticceria Penso, one of Trieste’s oldest bakeries. Before I realized what was happening, I had been whisked behind the counter and into the kitchen, where a couple dozen chocolate cakes were...
34011 Prepotto TS, Italy
Throughout the region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, farmhouses periodically open their doors to the public, serving homemade wine and other artisanal products. These temporary roadside taverns are called “frasche” in the greater part of Friuli (to...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked