Collected by Teresa Blackburn
Teresa Blackburn′s Wishlist
6330 Piran, Slovenia
Need a break from the snow and mountains? The bright Istrian town of Piran, on the Adriatic Sea, can feel downright Mediterranean if you time your surprisingly short trip right. Just an hour and a half from Slovenia. Tool around Istria while...
Cankarjeva cesta 6, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
It's impossible to leave Slovenian, especially the Lake Bled region, without trying a slice of cream cake. Nearly every restaurant and cafe will have the iconic dessert on its menu, but Sava Hotel on Lake Bled claims to be the creator of cream...
Via Armando Diaz, 11, 34123 Trieste TS, Italy
It was a blustery February morning when I arrived at Pasticceria Penso, one of Trieste’s oldest bakeries. Before I realized what was happening, I had been whisked behind the counter and into the kitchen, where a couple dozen chocolate cakes were...
34011 Prepotto TS, Italy
Throughout the region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, farmhouses periodically open their doors to the public, serving homemade wine and other artisanal products. These temporary roadside taverns are called “frasche” in the greater part of Friuli (to...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna