Collected by Lydia Smith
Lydia Smith′s Wishlist
20459 Hamburg, Germany
Also known as the St. Pauli Piers, the Landungsbrücken is Europe’s largest floating island. The first portions of this phenomenal pontoon were built in 1839 as coal storage docks for steamships and, over the years, have served as the point of...
Am Sandtorkai 36, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
Stretching for 1.5 kilometers within the HafenCity quarter, the Speicherstadt is the world’s largest integrated complex of warehouses. The district comprises a series of warehouses built on oak piles rising from canals dug deep enough to allow...
Glockengießerwall, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
The Kunsthalle Museum in the Altstadt district of Hamburg is a haven for art aficionados. The museum spans three buildings and is one of the largest and most important art museums in all of Germany, housing more than seven centuries of art. The...
St. Pauli 1, 20359 Hamburg, Germany
Go under the water in Hamburg and take a walk to the other side of the harbor. Created in 1911, the tunnel was made for vehicles and pedestrians. Take one of the four giant elevator lifts that were originally made for cars down to the tunnel, or...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map