Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
624 Main St, Nashville, TN 37206, USA
Visit the cinderblock space in East Nashville or the newer joint off 8th Avenue to taste this Nashville treasure at one of the longest-standing hot chicken restaurants in town. Choose the chicken or whitefish served with white bread and pickles,...
112 19th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
This Midtown hot chicken shop opened fairly recently compared to some others, and it has a modern edge about it without losing the tradition of this dish served in varying degrees of hot with white bread and pickles. Check out the tasty sides too...
123 Ewing Dr #3, Nashville, TN 37207, USA
According to legend, Nashville-style hot chicken began in the 1930s when Thornton Prince's girlfriend dumped cayenne on his fried chicken to get revenge for his cheating ways. But he loved it instead, and eventually opened up a hot chicken shop of...
1000 Gallatin Ave C, Nashville, TN 37206, USA
Sit at one of the picnic tables under a mostly open-air shed and listen to the blues while you wait for your chicken at this East Nashville spot off Gallatin Road. But if the vibe is no-frills, the spicy Nashville-style hot chicken will have you...
1006 Forrest Ave, Nashville, TN 37206, USA
More pop-up than restaurant, Atomic Yardbirds Hot Chicken might feel more elusive than others, but catch it if you can. Three restaurant industry pros perfected their take on the Nashville treasure and tied for first place in the 2013 Music City...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign