Collected by Elissa Levin
Elissa Levin′s Wishlist
Hoba Wawi, Wanokaka, West Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Founded by a surfer in search of the perfect wave, Nihiwatu is a model of sustainable luxury. The resort’s remote location on the jungle-edged coast of Sumba Island lures travelers looking for true escape and the hedonistic pleasures of private,...
Lake Toba, North Sumatra, Indonesia
Lake Toba is the largest crater lake in the world. The lake is located on the island of Sumatra, one of the wildest, boldest, most rugged pieces of real estate on the planet. Sumatra is one of my favorite travel destinations in the world, but...
Samosir Regency, North Sumatra, Indonesia
An epic vantage for an epic destination. Lake Toba is a ridiculously stunning landscape of rolling hills, distant volcanoes, cobalt water, endless clouds and cerulean blue skies. It is the largest crater lake in the world, and may have been...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked