Collected by Joyce Powers
Joyce Powers′s Wishlist
At the center of Öskjuhlíð, a hill planted with more than 176,000 trees, is the spectacular glass dome of the Pearl. This stunning feat of architecture can carry up to a million gallons of geothermal water—the lifeblood of the city's energy supply...
Vagnhöfði 6-20, Reykjavík, Iceland
We all recognize Iceland as the country with the world famous Blue Lagoon, but its cities are atop the list of places with top notch air quality. A big factor contributing to the excellent air quality is that Reykjavik is sparsely populated,...
This park is only a 10 minute or so drive outside of the center of Reykjavik. If you rent a car, it's a cinch to get to, and there's plenty to do. Besides nature trails and bike paths, there's a rushing river that runs through the park, with parts...
Nauthólsvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Riding a strange, shrunken horse into a mossy canyon outside Reykjavik on a bright, bracing day with winter rolling in and a plate of minke whale waiting for you at day's end is tops. Doing so on three days' sleep deprivation is, in fact,...
We got to Reykjavik on a rainy night, and the first thing I saw and heard was a lot of people in the street partying and Cher's "Believe" blasting from some club, loud enough to hear it everywhere. I though then that this place was crazy, but then...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter