Collected by Hans van Vessem
Hans van Vessem′s Wishlist
Palacio de Buenavista, Calle San Agustín, 8, 29015 Málaga, Spain
A trip to Pablo Picasso's hometown wouldn't be complete without touring the artist's namesake museum. Housed in the stunning Palacio de Buenavista, the career-spanning collection boasts more than 200 permanent pieces, in addition to a roster of...
Red Sands Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar GX11 1AA, Gibraltar
Put the Rock into perspective by taking the six-minute cable car trip up to the top. At 412 meters above sea level, you'll find stunning vistas and Gibraltar’s most famous residents, the Barbary apes. Keep your camera and your hands to yourself—...
Plaza Condesa de Peralta, 7, 30202 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
Cartagena’s Roman roots run deep. Excavation of the 7,000-seat Roman amphitheater (Plaza del Ayuntamiento, 9) began only in 1988—before that, a residential neighborhood and cathedral had been built above and around the ancient elements visible...
Climbing uphill from the port, the streets of Vigo’s casco vello, or old town, retain their authentic flavor because locals still live above the neighborhood shops, taverns and tapas joints. The narrow streets open up to sunny little squares,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles