Collected by Kathryn Banerji
Kathryn Banerji′s Wishlist
Weißenburger Pl., 81667 München, Germany
Just east of Old Town across the Isar River lies Haidhausen, known as the French Quarter in Munich. It's one of the city's prettiest neighborhoods and home to many unique, locally owned stores. The best way to explore is by wandering on foot....
83209 Herrenchiemsee, Germany
... a mini version of it. Bavaria's King Ludwig II certainly did have a passion for the extraordinary just like King Louis the XIV did. He build the famous Neuschwanstein Castle that served as a model for the the Walt Disney Castle and the castle...
Neuschwansteinstraße 20, 87645 Schwangau, Germany
Few sights encapsulate the magical feel of the Bavarian Alps like Neuschwanstein Castle. The impressive towers, vast halls, and mountain-top setting bring out your inner child, transporting you back to a time of bedtime stories and...
Herrngasse 20, 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
People always ask about seeing quaint towns in Germany, but don't want touristy places. I always respond by saying the best and most lovely towns are always frequented by lots of tourists and you will surely miss some grand opportunities for...
Thundorferstraße 3, 93047 Regensburg, Germany
In the medieval city of Regensburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site in Bavaria, the Wurstkuchl tavern has been operating for over 500 years. The tavern is situated beside the town's Old Stone Bridge and directly on the banks of the Danube. During the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises