Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
503 Grand Caribe Causeway c, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
1380 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
9 words to describe why this is the best tour in San Diego: you get to drive your own mini-speed boat! A tour guide is in the front boat while you and your partner are in your own boat behind him and get to listen to the tour through speakers. The...
Silver Strand, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
Bicycling the Silver Strand on Coronado is a relaxing way to enjoy a beautiful San Diego day. You can bring your own bike, or rent one for $7/hour. This cycling path is known as the Bayshore Bikeway and runs from Coronado via the Silver Strand to...
10818 San Diego Mission Rd, San Diego, CA 92108, USA
Mission San Diego is the very first Mission built in what is now the state of California and was built in 1769. Many people come to California for what is known as the "Mission Trail", a tour of all the Missions built in the state by the...
880 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Located near the airport on Harbor Island Drive, C Level boasts one of the best views of San Diego's skyline. Go for happy hour—served on weekdays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.—when you can order $6 appetizers. The rice paper-wrapped prawns and the...
Balboa Park, San Diego, CA, USA
Balboa park is a landscape of arts and culture in San Diego, including museums, such as The Natural History Museum, and the Museum of Photographic Arts. The photo above is of the large koi pond outside the botanical garden house. It makes for a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles