Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
1400 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Cemeteries can tell us such fascinating stories about the past – where people came from, how they lived and how they died. Nowhere is this more evident than in the above-ground cemeteries throughout New Orleans. Many local tour companies...
700 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
One of the most famous areas in the French Quarter besides Bourbon Street is Jackson Square. It's grounds are bustling around the clock with tourists, photographers, artists, street performers, and locals. Anytime of the year is the perfect time...
726 St Peter, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Preservation Hall is the best spot in the French Quarter for live jazz. The Preservation Hall Jazz Band will take you back to the early 20th century with some of the hottest jazz you ever did hear. A must-see when you're in N'awlins.
800 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Café du Monde is a classic tourist destination that serves top quality food, a combination that's rare in any city. Even if you normally avoid tourist destinations, make an exception for this place. Don't be put off by the long lines and crowded...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign