Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Lipstown Upper, Narraghmore, Co. Kildare, Ireland
I like graveyards. The spookier the better. I like the cracked and crusted tombstones, the coverings of moss and ivy, the degraded stone and crumbling facings. I like the feeling of... otherworldliness. The graveyard of Moyle Abbey is imbued with...
560-600 State St, Knoxville, TN 37902, USA
The First Presbyterian Church graveyard is the city’s oldest cemetery and final resting place of Knoxville founder James White and the first territorial governor William Blount. Platted during the second survey of Knoxville in 1795, the plot hosts...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights