Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Limmatquai 144, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
The terrace at ETH Zurich—where Einstein was an alum—lords high above the city for catch-your-breath views beyond to the lake and the Alps. A number of trams will take you to the terrace, but the most fun way to get there is on the fire-engine red...
Bürkliplatz, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
At the end of Bahnhofstrasse, in Zurich's District 1, you'll find some of the best bargains in Zurich. Bahnhofstrasse is a street lined with big fashion names, but if you're like me and like to find unique souvenirs, the Zurich Flea Market is your...
Limmatstrasse 231, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
Zurich’s first permanent covered market opened in 2010 in the Im Viadukt, marked by its striking century-old stone arches. At the market’s heart is this bustling restaurant, which offers a menu of homey meat-centric dishes like its signature veal...
Geroldstrasse 23/23a, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The hippest restaurant in Zurich operates out of (yes, even more) used shipping containers with al fresco seating on the terrace or under a huge circus tent. The locavore spot serves a daily changing menu that uses produce from its 60 raised...
Kloster Fahr-Weg, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland
After the hip and edgy kids of Zurich West cool off at the graffitied Flussbad Oberer Letten on the banks of the Limmat River, they head to this buzzing spot nearby for excellent burgers from the grill and an impressive range of local beers. Photo...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico