Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
8001 Zürich, Switzerland
The terrace at ETH Zurich—where Einstein was an alum—lords high above the city for catch-your-breath views beyond to the lake and the Alps. A number of trams will take you to the terrace, but the most fun way to get there is on the fire-engine red...
Bürkliplatz, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
One of the biggest Flea markets in Zurich is the one located in Bürkliplatz square. The market is opened on Saturdays from 6am to 4pm. May-October, so if you visit Zurich on Winter time, you will not find the outdoors traders. The market is well...
Limmatstrasse 231, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
Zurich’s first permanent covered market opened in 2010 in the Im Viadukt, marked by its striking century-old stone arches. At the market’s heart is this bustling restaurant, which offers a menu of homey meat-centric dishes like its signature veal...
Geroldstrasse 23/23a, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The hippest restaurant in Zurich operates out of (yes, even more) used shipping containers with al fresco seating on the terrace or under a huge circus tent. The locavore spot serves a daily changing menu that uses produce from its 60 raised...
Kloster Fahr-Weg, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland
After the hip and edgy kids of Zurich West cool off at the graffitied Flussbad Oberer Letten on the banks of the Limmat River, they head to this buzzing spot nearby for excellent burgers from the grill and an impressive range of local beers. Photo...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer