Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
246 Wanaka-Mount Aspiring Rd, Wanaka 9381, New Zealand
Located on Lake Wanaka in New Zealand, Rippon Winery is as well known for its view as it is for its wine. For more than 25 years, the Mills family has been producing world class wines on their family estate overlooking Lake Wanaka. Like many New...
Cambridge Rd, Martinborough 5711, New Zealand
We discovered this tiny, relatively unknown winery in Martinborough and with one taste it became our favorite. Not only is the Dovetail blend spectacular, but when we decided to stay for a while and drink a bottle, the vineyard's owner Lance...
You arrive at this perfect place and time stands still. Visiting the Amalfi Coast in the Fall is spectacular. Most of the time, tourists don't even realize there is so much more to see then coastal towns. As beautiful as they are, behind all that...
Isla de Maipo, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
There is nothing like visiting central Chile during the wine harvest season. The DeMartino family has a 70-year history producing fine wines in this beautiful, lush region. They manage to grow their crop organically, and are the first winery in...
Dundee, OR 97115, USA
Tucked away in the Willamette Valley, located just a short distance outside Portland, is the winery Domaine Drouhin. If the name sounds familiar, it's because Drouhin winemaking was originally established in Beaune, France, but the family has also...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village