Collected by Isabel Cardana
Isabel Cardana′s Wishlist
Torres Vedras, Portugal
I visited a wine shop in the town of Torres Vedras, Portugal called Garrefeira (Portugese for “bottle shop”) São Pedro (Portugese for “St. Peter”). José took over management of the establishment in 1997, and he’s assisted by his wife Sofia and son...
Praia de Santa Cruz, 2560 A dos Cunhados e Maceira, Portugal
It's easy to get around Portugal via train, but there is something incredibly indulgent about renting a car and driving the gorgeous Portuguese coast. The scenery is spectacular and reminiscent of northern California and Australia's Great Ocean...
Costa do Castelo 7, 1100-129 Lisboa, Portugal
Lisbon is filled with great restaurants varies from all kinds of Portuguese, Seafood, Mediterranean, Italian and more. You can find great Michelin stars restaurants, Chef-oriented kitchens and even street food to go. But there are also restaurants...
2560 Silveira, Portugal
I visited a windmill and bakery in the small town of Silveira, which is about 75 km northwest of Lisbon. Sérgio is the windmill operator (moleiro in Portuguese). This windmill grinds wheat, corn, or oats into the flour that is used for baking...
Povoa de Penafirme, 2560-046 A dos Cunhados, Portugal
Goncalo Alves and his wife, Marta Fonseca, spent eight years turning an abandoned chicken farm on Portugal’s wild Costa de Prata into their dream retreat. “We wanted a big house to share with people,” says Alves. Their hotel,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna