Collected by Isabel Cardana
Isabel Cardana′s Wishlist
Torres Vedras, Portugal
I visited a wine shop in the town of Torres Vedras, Portugal called Garrefeira (Portugese for “bottle shop”) São Pedro (Portugese for “St. Peter”). José took over management of the establishment in 1997, and he’s assisted by his wife Sofia and son...
Praia de Santa Cruz, 2560 A dos Cunhados e Maceira, Portugal
It's easy to get around Portugal via train, but there is something incredibly indulgent about renting a car and driving the gorgeous Portuguese coast. The scenery is spectacular and reminiscent of northern California and Australia's Great Ocean...
Costa do Castelo 7, 1100-157 Lisboa, Portugal
Lisbon is filled with great restaurants varies from all kinds of Portuguese, Seafood, Mediterranean, Italian and more. You can find great Michelin stars restaurants, Chef-oriented kitchens and even street food to go. But there are also restaurants...
2560 Silveira, Portugal
I visited a windmill and bakery in the small town of Silveira, which is about 75 km northwest of Lisbon. Sérgio is the windmill operator (moleiro in Portuguese). This windmill grinds wheat, corn, or oats into the flour that is used for baking...
Povoa de Penafirme, 2560-046 A dos Cunhados, Portugal
Goncalo Alves and his wife, Marta Fonseca, spent eight years turning an abandoned chicken farm on Portugal’s wild Costa de Prata into their dream retreat. “We wanted a big house to share with people,” says Alves. Their hotel,...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now