Collected by Mike Giannone
Mike Giannone′s Wishlist
Loukianou Street 26 ,Athens,10675, Athina 106 75, Greece
Delicious Greek food? Check. Warm and friendly location? Check. Wood stove piping away in the corner? Check! If you're going to binge on mezethes (small plates of traditional food) and then indulge in some tsipouro (pomace brandy), Kafenio is the...
Plaka, Athens 105 58, Greece
We picked up some gyros to-go during our stroll through the historic Plaka neighborhood below the Acropolis. Thespidos street was particularly memorable for the cafe we stopped at and discovering Brettos bar, which we decided to come back to enjoy...
Plateon 15, Athina 104 35, Greece
Winner of a Michelin Bib Gourmand, this local institution excels at highly inventive seasonal Greek dishes—salt cod donuts with sautéed greens, thyme-crusted lamb with apricot puree, cockerel confit with beet salad and apple sauce. Set in a lush...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights