Collected by Julie Gregory
Julie Gregory′s Wishlist
01016 Tarquinia, VT, Italy
A half-day visit to Tarquinia, close to the coast and 92 km north of Rome, offers a unique opportunity to escape the crowds of tourists and view exceptional ancient murals and artifacts. Tarquinia was one of the 12 cities of ancient Etruria, the...
00052 Cerveteri, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
The UNESCO-recognized Necropoli della Banditaccia is an ancient Etruscan cemetery in which large mausolea were hewn out of the area's volcanic stone, creating burial mounds with internal rooms. Within, frescoes and rock-hewn furniture still...
05018 Orvieto, Province of Terni, Italy
Beneath the modern city of Orvieto, Italy, lies a mystery. A series of grottoes and meandering paths that were carved out of living stone centuries ago by hands long-since dead can now be explored by tourists today. An hour-long guided tour of the...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers